Wednesday 24 September 2014

Hello!



1.      Hello all, My name is Miriam and as may have guessed I'm a serial procrastinator. It seems to be a personality trait that afflicts many a writer, particular ones just starting out. For me, it stems from a fear of putting my work out there for people to judge, not trying in case I fail. Experiences with other writers, including those I met and enjoyed the company of an the Bendigo Writers Festival, have taught me that I'm not alone in this. For whatever your reason, procrastination seems rampant among writers and people who are involved in the arts.  Many of the posts to follow have been written and waiting for a while, and are only being placed up due to the necessity of assessment.
                 How ever much I put it off, I can't deny that I love to write and always fall to it in my spare time. Creating worlds and characters to populate them is something I do without to much thought, and thusly I can suffer from a lack of technical precision. That's what I went into WiA hoping to get from the subject and I was not disappointed. This festival was the first writing festival I went to, and it was everything I wanted it to be and more! I hope you all had such enlightening experiences.
                 Enjoy the blog, and good luck with your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment